Whole Wheat spinach pockets

HTML clipboardI used to buy Amy's Spinach Feta in a Pocket Sandwich when I was a vegetarian and didn't have too much time to cook. They taste good but are made with white flour which doesn't have nutrients. The filling is quite scarce and has feta cheese.

So I decided to do it myself.

I had an old recipe for whole wheat dough using:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup soy flour
  • 1/2 TB yeast
  • 1 cup warm water
Soy flour makes the dough smooth and easy to work with. Add more water or flour if needed.

Let the dough rise until it doubles it sizes. Then, separate in four balls and knead in rectangular shape.

For the filling, I defrost a bag of frozen spinach and mixed with 1/3 cup tofu or vegan cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and pepper to taste.  I mixed all the ingredients in the food processor and divided it in four portions. 

Put one in top of each rectangle and close like burritos forming a pocket.

Please feel free to double or triple the recipe. They can be stored in the freezer well.

Serves: 4 pockets

Food processor
Pockets

Pockets

 Enjoy!