Middle Eastern feast!

I had a Middle Eastern feast today! I bought whole wheat pita bread, dolmas, and a box of falafel burgers. I made tabbouleh a typical Middle Eastern salad. It is delicious and refreshing. It goes well with falafel.Falafel is a fried ball or patty made of chickpeas usually. I am lazy to make them from scratch so I bought a box with the mix to make them. So I prepared them according to the box instructions.

Dolmas are stuffed grape leaves originally from the Ottoman Empire and surrounding regions. They could have some ground meat but I buy the vegetarian ones.

Here is my recipe for tabbouleh:

Ingredients:

  •  1 cup of bulgur wheat
  •  1 cup of hot water
  •  1 medium tomato (approx. 1 cup) chopped
  •  1/2 cup cucumber
  •  1 normal red onion
  •  1TB lemon juice
  •  1TB olive oil 
  •  1/4 cup chopped parsley
  •  1/2 TB mint
Directions:

Soak the bulgur with the water. Let it stand for about 30 minutes. After that, add the rest of the ingredients. Let it stand for 30 min to one hour and serve.

I also added some marinated eggplants I bought in a jar.

Serves: 3-4

Tabbouleh


Falafel

Plate

Table